How To Rescue Your Marriage
April 12, 2021
KIM BOWEN is a licensed professional counselor who offers relationship therapy through her company, The Marriage Place. Her blogs and newsletters have been featured in various publications and she is the author of the book, The Love, Joy, Peace Workbook: A Couple’s Bible Study. She just relaunched her eBook Marriage Rescue: Triage Toolkit. Her mission is to help couples build stronger, healthier and happier relationships. She has been married to her husband, John, for 30 years. In this interview we discuss:
- Her personal story and why she chose this work
- Why women typically file for divorce more than men
- Why Kim has a pro-marriage approach
- How to separate kids and other marital stressors from the relationship
- The Power of One theory
- Tools to keep a marriage strong
- How does one come to a decision on whether or not to end a marriage and what questions should one be asking themselves if they are stuck
- Her relaunched eBook called The Marriage Rescue, Triage Toolkit
- What Kims other offerings are
- Blended family success stories
- And much more!
How healthy is your marriage?
ready to have a conversation?
You may also like:
One of my favorite areas to work in is trauma. The second is couples. I know most of us have probably heard the song by Rascal Flatts, “Bless the Broken Road”. It describes how other relationships have led to the one that they are in now. It is a sweet song and in so many respects, true.
I’m currently on the eighth floor of a historic DC hotel. I’m actually standing outside of room 870. It’s rumored that this room in this hotel is haunted.
Feeling “Stuck” In Your Marriage? Here’s How to Get Out July 19, 2022 How Marriages Get Stuck I want to talk to you today about ways I see that marriages get stuck. Of course, all of us can get into patterns and into cycles, but some of the more common ones include,...