How To Rescue Your Marriage
April 12, 2021
KIM BOWEN is a licensed professional counselor who offers relationship therapy through her company, The Marriage Place. Her blogs and newsletters have been featured in various publications and she is the author of the book, The Love, Joy, Peace Workbook: A Couple’s Bible Study. She just relaunched her eBook Marriage Rescue: Triage Toolkit. Her mission is to help couples build stronger, healthier and happier relationships. She has been married to her husband, John, for 30 years. In this interview we discuss:
- Her personal story and why she chose this work
- Why women typically file for divorce more than men
- Why Kim has a pro-marriage approach
- How to separate kids and other marital stressors from the relationship
- The Power of One theory
- Tools to keep a marriage strong
- How does one come to a decision on whether or not to end a marriage and what questions should one be asking themselves if they are stuck
- Her relaunched eBook called The Marriage Rescue, Triage Toolkit
- What Kims other offerings are
- Blended family success stories
- And much more!
How healthy is your marriage?
ready to have a conversation?
You may also like:
The silent treatment is a pretty common response I see in couples therapy. It happens when you are so angry, disappointed, let down, and you don’t feel like you have any other way to let your partner know just how upset you really are.
A lot of the therapy work I do is helping couples and partners understand what their contributions to the relationship are, and how they can start making changes for the better, specifically with communication. Specifically, when communicating with your spouse, it’s important to make sure that you are not part of the problem, but part of the solution.
I bet many of you have already seen the recent Brene’ Brown video making the rounds where she calls out the myth of marriage being a 50/50 partnership.