15 Date Night Questions to Ask Your Spouse
December 12, 2016
Finally! You can pat yourself on the back because you actually planned a date night with your spouse.
You know it is one of those things you should do to keep the home fires burning, but life keeps getting in the way.
But what you are going to talk about for 90 minutes during dinner?
Because another rule of date night is to get to know each other.
To avoid talking about the kids, or the in-laws, or the bills.
What more could you possibly need to know about the person you sleep next to every night?
A common complaint I hear about couples who try to reconnect regularly is that it often feels stressful to come up with something to talk about.
At least something that is interesting.
A client shared an app with me called The And Game. It’s a strange name for an app, but there are a list of questions and some of them are really good. I’ve listed a few of them here to get you started.
I practiced these Date Night Questions myself
Just so you know…I practiced a few of these on my husband.
It actually WAS fun and interesting. Some of these questions are sure to spark some great discussion between you. I’d love to hear back from you! Let me know if you found these helpful and how it went with your spouse.
15 Date Night Questions to get you started
- What is one thing that I could do that would end our relationship?
- If only one of us could be successful, who would you want it to be and why?
- What is a mistake you have made that changed your life?
- What is one thing I do sexually that you don’t like?
- What is the biggest compromise you have made for our relationship and why?
- How does our financial situation affect our relationship?
- How have I changed since we met and how do you honestly feel about it?
- What is the greatest lesson I taught you?
- If you had to be envious of me for one thing, what would it be and why?
- In terms of our relationship what are you most afraid of and why?
- What do you think you missed out on by becoming a parent? Or What do you think you missed out on by not becoming a parent?
- How do I hinder the dreamer in you?
- What is your favorite imperfection about me?
- When were you proudest of me?
- What is one thing you hope I see about you?
Men, this is gold for your relationship bank account! Women want connection. They want to feel as if you are interested in them and really KNOW them.
Try these Date Night Questions out and let me know how it worked! Here’s to many more great date nights in your future.
Interested in potentially working with us?
You may also like:
KIM BOWEN is a licensed professional counselor who offers relationship therapy through her company, The Marriage Place. Her blogs and newsletters have been featured in various publications
Fighting for your Marriage January 04, 2021Holidays are tricky. For some of us, the holidays represent family time and fond memories. For others, however, this time of year is just hard. We are reminded of the loved ones we’ve lost and relationships that are broken....
Kim Bowen on The Jennifer Hargrave Show December 10, 2020Our very own Kim Bowen appeared on the Jennifer Hargrave show. Check out the episode below.Listen to "⭐️ Episode 8 - Kim Bowen on The Jennifer Hargrave Show" on Spreaker.Need help in your marriage? Click here to...