15 Date Night Questions to Ask Your Spouse
December 12, 2016
Finally! You can pat yourself on the back because you actually planned a date night with your spouse.
You know it is one of those things you should do to keep the home fires burning, but life keeps getting in the way.
But what you are going to talk about for 90 minutes during dinner?
Because another rule of date night is to get to know each other.
To avoid talking about the kids, or the in-laws, or the bills.
What more could you possibly need to know about the person you sleep next to every night?
A common complaint I hear about couples who try to reconnect regularly is that it often feels stressful to come up with something to talk about.
At least something that is interesting.
A client shared an app with me called The And Game. It’s a strange name for an app, but there are a list of questions and some of them are really good. I’ve listed a few of them here to get you started.
I practiced these Date Night Questions myself
Just so you know…I practiced a few of these on my husband.
It actually WAS fun and interesting. Some of these questions are sure to spark some great discussion between you. I’d love to hear back from you! Let me know if you found these helpful and how it went with your spouse.
*Just a caveat: this app asks a lot of questions around porn. I do not advocate using porn with or without your spouse. Please read here for reasons to avoid porn.
15 Date Night Questions to get you started
- What is one thing that I could do that would end our relationship?
- If only one of us could be successful, who would you want it to be and why?
- What is a mistake you have made that changed your life?
- What is one thing I do sexually that you don’t like?
- What is the biggest compromise you have made for our relationship and why?
- How does our financial situation affect our relationship?
- How have I changed since we met and how do you honestly feel about it?
- What is the greatest lesson I taught you?
- If you had to be envious of me for one thing, what would it be and why?
- In terms of our relationship what are you most afraid of and why?
- What do you think you missed out on by becoming a parent? Or What do you think you missed out on by not becoming a parent?
- How do I hinder the dreamer in you?
- What is your favorite imperfection about me?
- When were you proudest of me?
- What is one thing you hope I see about you?
Men, this is gold for your bank account! Women want connection. They want to feel as if you are interested in them and really KNOW them. These questions are a great start to helping you develop more intimacy. Trust me! Your partner will LOVE this.
Try these Date Night Questions out and let me know how it worked! Here’s to many more great date nights in your future.
You may also like:
Is Your Marriage Counselor Really Pro-Marriage? October 11, 2020This might seem like a silly question, right? After all, wouldn’t you expect any marriage counselor to be pro-marriage? Well, yes you would; but surprisingly, many are not. The reality is a good...
Joy does not equal our happiness. Thank goodness, considering none of us can be happy all the time. Dr. Todd Phillips states “Happiness is driven by your circumstances. Joy, on the other hand, is the ability to experience peace and contentment day in and day out, regardless of circumstances.”
Can you laugh at yourself? I mean really laugh at yourself when you make a mistake or do or say something silly? What about when your spouse or friends tease you in a good-natured way? A wonderful sense of humor is an attractive quality. It can also be an extremely valuable resource in a relationship.